2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2008 5:36 AM by kw

Hot re - deploy of ejb jar fails on JBoss 4.2.2 GA

kw

Hot re - deploy of ejb jar fails on JBoss 4.2.2 GA with the error:

C:\Programme\eclipse-jee-ganymede-win32\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.jst.server.generic.jboss_1.5.205.v200805140145\buildfiles\jboss323.xml:23:

Unable to remove existing file C:\KW_SERVER\server\default\deploy\MY_EJBs.jar

When I try to delete the MY-EJBs.jar manually, it only works when I stopped JBoss server before. Seems that jboss server itself holds a lock on the file?!

According to http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=135599 this is a problem with jboss server 5.x..

May it also be a problem with jboss server 4.2.2 or should hot redeployment work in general with this version?

Thanks
      Kris

• 1. Re: Hot re - deploy of ejb jar fails on JBoss 4.2.2 GA
          jaikiran

I have JBoss-4.2.2 GA with:

19:23:11,113 INFO [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.5.0_10,Sun Microsystems Inc.
          19:23:11,113 INFO [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 1.5.0_10-b03,Sun Microsystems Inc.
          19:23:11,113 INFO [ServerInfo] OS-System: Windows 2003 5.2,x86

I just tried hot deploying an ejb jar in the deploy folder, by deleting it and copying it back again. It worked. I even tried it with exploded deployment. Even that worked.

What is your operating system and also what's the version of Java?

• 2. Re: Hot re - deploy of ejb jar fails on JBoss 4.2.2 GA
            kw

I also made a test by manually (copy on file level) deploying the ejb.jar and redeploying it after having it changed slightly. this worked fine.

It seems that the error occurs when deploying it directly with help of the eclipse web tools platform.

Thanks
            Kris