7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2008 3:37 PM by Martin Kultermann

Scoped Deployment settings cuase LinkageError

Martin Kultermann Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm trying to run multiple scoped single application ear deployments (using servlets) on a single JBoss 3.2.4 server so I can run different release levels at the same time.

Each app already has the class-loading loader-repository settings (excluding the java2ParentDelegation setting) in the jboss-app.xml file in the web-inf folder of the war file, but that does not make it work.

I then set the Isolated and CallByValue attribues to true in conf/jboss-service.xml and the Java2ClassLoadingCompliance and UseJBossWebLoader attributes to false in tomcat50.sar/meta-inf/jboss-service.xml. That seems to work fine after the first jboss restart.

The problem I'm getting is that after a new deployment is added or JBoss is restarted, the apps start up fine, but I get the followng error when I try to access the application URL:

"java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking javax/servlet/ServletOutputStream class) executing org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection@3ba002, terminating thread"

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.