3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2008 9:24 AM by sachin.parnami

Migrating from JBoss 3.2.6 to JBoss 4.2

gunjan_versata

Hi,

We are in process of migrating from 3.2.6 to 4.2.0.. but facing few problems.

1. Has the EAR structure changed? I cant use the same EAR in both of them.
      For example: it is not picking the thrid-party jars from the top level.
      for 3.2.6 we used to have something like:

sample.ear
      |meta-inf
      |application.xml
      |jboss-app.xml
      | manifest.mf

|Mydemo.war
      |third-party jars

I have the entry for third-party jars in my manifset.mf and application.xml!

Even still I am getting NoClassDefFoundError in 4.2.0(GA) for the thrid-party jars.
      On putting them inside the lib it seems to work. Is it mandatory now? Or can i change the setting somewhere?

2. We are currently using myfaces-1.1.5.. But since JBoss now supports jsf- 1.2. How can i get it to use myfaces???

I read up for it on wiki(http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JBoss5AndMyFaces) and did the following. I have the myfaces related jars inside the web-inf\lib of my war file. But even then I am getting NoClassDefFoundError.

3. For the html apps. We are facing the error Non-serializable-attribute in the function setAttribute. On removing the distributable tag from web.xml, it works. Is there any way to get it working with distributable tag??

We have been stuck on this for long. any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Migrating from JBoss 3.2.6 to JBoss 4.2
          gunjan_versata

Hi,

I see no response to this post? Has anyone faced issues like this? Any kinda help would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks

• 2. Re: Migrating from JBoss 3.2.6 to JBoss 4.2
            jaikiran

"gunjan_versata" wrote:

Even still I am getting NoClassDefFoundError in 4.2.0(GA) for the thrid-party jars.
            On putting them inside the lib it seems to work. Is it mandatory now? Or can i change the setting somewhere?

You will have to post more details. The application packaging did not show up well, so not sure how the application is packaged. You can post the output of

jar -tf sample.ear

and

jar -tf mydemo.war

Post the entire exception stacktrace that you are seeing and also let us know where that class is placed (in which jar). Also post the contents of the application.xml and jboss-app.xml (and maybe even the MANIFEST.mf file).

"gunjan_versata" wrote:

3. For the html apps. We are facing the error Non-serializable-attribute in the function setAttribute. On removing the distributable tag from web.xml, it works. Is there any way to get it working with distributable tag??

Making an application distributable probably enables persisting the HTTPSession information. So your HTTPSession should not contain non-serializable attributes.

While posting the logs or code or xml content, remember to wrap it in a code block using the Code button in the message editor window and please hit the Preview button to make sure your post is correctly formatted

• 3. Re: Migrating from JBoss 3.2.6 to JBoss 4.2

One thing which i have noticed is your

meta-inf

which should be in caps letters, i guess :)

META-INF

Regards,
              Sachin Parnami