0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2009 12:28 PM by jtheegarten

Lotus Domino Integration [JBoss 5.0.0] - CORBA Problem

jtheegarten

I am using JBoss 5.0.0 (all-configuration) to deploy an application which needs a connection to a Domino(6.0.1)-server to function as a Domino-client and read data (like emails) from the server. The problem driving me to frustration is the following one:

16:54:58,637 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't instantiate default ORB implementation lotus.priv.CORBA.iiop.ORB vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No

16:54:58,637 ERROR [STDERR] at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:297)

16:54:58,637 ERROR [STDERR] at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:336)

16:54:58,637 ERROR [STDERR] at lotus.domino.cso.Session.createORB

16:54:58,637 ERROR [STDERR] Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: lotus.priv.CORBA.iiop.ORB

16:54:58,637 ERROR [STDERR] at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:295)

The most likely suspect seems to be a faulty configuration.

The code creating the connection would be this:

try {
       Session s = NotesFactory.createSession(dominoServer, dominoUserName, dominoPassword);
      } catch (NotesException e) {
       e.printStackTrace();
      }

Although I tried different approaches, like getting the IOR from the server and creating the session with it or initializing the ORB first, nothing seems to work. Everything ends in the aforementioned error.

I also tried fiddling with the iiop-service.xml, mainly the ORB-settings, but that only lead to bigger problems, since I could not find complete documentation of those.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards
      JT