1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2009 1:04 PM by peterj

Cannot use JBoss in Eclipse

ketpah

I have brand new installation of Eclipse 3.4.1, and brand new installation of jboss-5.0.1.GA-jdk6. I tried this both in XP and Vista, and got the same error. (I tried with Eclipse Europa as well, but did not help)

In Eclipse's server view, I added JBoss 5.0 as Server, and pointed to my new JBoss installation. I also have JBOSS_HOME environment variable setup.

Created a Dynamic Web Project and EAR, and just created a simple JSP to say Hello World.

After server is started, I can see that the URL to my simple JSP is working.

However, after I make a change to the JSP and republish, I get many errors in the console, and the URL is no longer working. I can only make it work again if I restart the server.

The cause of the exception appear to be a temporary file that is used by ZipWrapper not being found. I checked the temp location and there is no single file there.

I would appreciate any help.

Here is the errors I am getting:
      java.lang.RuntimeException: Error while adding re-deployments
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.process(MainDeployerImpl.java:684)
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.hotdeploy.HDScanner.scan(HDScanner.java:290)
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.hotdeploy.HDScanner.run(HDScanner.java:221)
      at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      Caused by: org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Exception determining structure: AbstractVFSDeployment(test5_ear.ear)
      at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)
      at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractStructuralDeployers.determineStructure(AbstractStructuralDeployers.java:85)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.determineStructure(MainDeployerImpl.java:1000)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.determineDeploymentContext(MainDeployerImpl.java:440)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.processToDeploy(MainDeployerImpl.java:345)
      at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.process(MainDeployerImpl.java:680)
      ... 11 more
      Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error determining structure: test5_ear.ear
      at org.jboss.deployment.EARStructure.determineStructure(EARStructure.java:293)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.StructureDeployerWrapper.determineStructure(StructureDeployerWrapper.java:73)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.doDetermineStructure(VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.java:196)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.determineStructure(VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.java:221)
      at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractStructuralDeployers.determineStructure(AbstractStructuralDeployers.java:77)
      ... 15 more
      Caused by: org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error determining structure: test_5_war.war
      at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.explicit.DeclaredStructure.determineStructure(DeclaredStructure.java:89)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.StructureDeployerWrapper.determineStructure(StructureDeployerWrapper.java:73)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.doDetermineStructure(VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.java:196)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.determineStructure(VFSStructuralDeployersImpl.java:142)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.spi.structure.StructureContext.determineChildStructure(StructureContext.java:294)
      at org.jboss.deployment.EARStructure.determineStructure(EARStructure.java:275)
      ... 19 more
      Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize ZipWrapper: /C:/2/jboss/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/tmp/5c4o12w-85n6y7-fs3t0oey-1-fs3t1h5t-9m/test_5_war.war/
      at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipEntryContext.getZipSource(ZipEntryContext.java:277)
      at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipEntryContext.ensureEntries(ZipEntryContext.java:610)
      at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipEntryContext.checkIfModified(ZipEntryContext.java:757)
      at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipEntryContext.getChild(ZipEntryContext.java:801)
      at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipEntryHandler.createChildHandler(ZipEntryHandler.java:191)
      at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.AbstractVirtualFileHandler.structuredFindChild(AbstractVirtualFileHandler.java:681)
      at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipEntryHandler.getChild(ZipEntryHandler.java:165)
      at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.DelegatingHandler.getChild(DelegatingHandler.java:107)
      at org.jboss.virtual.VirtualFile.getChild(VirtualFile.java:481)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.explicit.DeclaredStructure.determineStructure(DeclaredStructure.java:64)
      ... 24 more
      Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\2\jboss\jboss-5.0.1.GA\server\default\tmp\5c4o12w-85n6y7-fs3t0oey-1-fs3t1h5t-9m (Access is denied)
      at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
      at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipEntryContext.createZipSource(ZipEntryContext.java:352)
      at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipEntryContext.getZipSource(ZipEntryContext.java:273)