1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 17, 2013 7:18 AM by thehashcoder

Installing axis on jboss

hordine

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install axis on JBoss 5 and all I did was download axis-bin-1_4.zip, unzipped it and coppied the axis directory from webapps into JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy

When I try to start the server from eclipse, I get the following error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base C:\desenvolvimento\jboss-5.0.1.GA\server\default\deploy\axis\WEB-INF\web.xml does not exist or is not a readable directory
      at org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setDocBase(FileDirContext.java:148)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.resourcesStart(StandardContext.java:4021)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4188)
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:312)
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:144)
      at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:461)
      at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:118)
      at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:97)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

The web.xml does exist at that path. Can anyone please help?

• 1. Re: Installing axis on jboss
          thehashcoder

I know this is pretty old question. I came across the same issue today. I thought I will share the solution so that some one else may find this useful.

Instead of copying webapps/axis folder inside WEB-INF/ directly to JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy, rename the folder to axis.war.

Now it should work like anything.

Thanks

Ranis MK