3 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2009 11:40 AM by peterj

JBoss timeout when working with user account rights

I am using Windows 2000 with a separate administrator and user account. Installing Eclipse and JBoss works fine and I can start JBoss while using my administrator account. Anyways, after switching back to my user account and starting Eclipse and JBoss there, JBoss keeps trying to start but times out after nothing happens for some minutes. I already changed rights for the JBoss directory as well as for Eclipse and Java directory to gain full rights with my user account. I even more turned off my firewall. This does not change anything.

• 1. Re: JBoss timeout when working with user account rights
          peterj

How are you starting JBoss AS? As a service? Or from within Eclipse? For now just open a command prompt and start it from there. If you do that, what do you see?

• 2. Re: JBoss timeout when working with user account rights

Thank you for your reply, Peter. Starting JBoss from the command prompt with my user account works pretty find. So I guess it must be Eclipse or the Eclipse plugin which causes the problem. Anyways, I don't know why, because I already set full rights for my user account on the Eclipse folder.

• 3. Re: JBoss timeout when working with user account rights
              peterj

I also see you are using Windows 2000. Ouch. I wonder if that has something to do with it. What version of the JVM are you using?

When you start JBoss AS from within Eclipse, is there any output in the Console View? Can you tell from Task Manager if there is another java.exe task running? Are you getting a boot.log or server.log?

Al I can really suggest is that you ensure that the JBoss AS folder and Eclipse folder, and all of their subfolders, are owned by your user account and that it has all privileges.