1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2009 2:41 AM by rishabh2u

JBoss4.2.3GA class loading.

Hi all,
      i know there are many artickes abt jboss class loading on jboss 3/4. I found this http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/JBossClassLoadingUseCases the best.
      However there is 1 point that i still am not clear on. Below is my understanding and doubts. Please comment on them:

If i scope my deployment, i understand that all this does is it puts my own classes in a higher preceedence than the same classes from other UCL's yeah? So regardless of Java2ParentDelegation value, if i need a class and its available in another UCL it will be loaded from there IF I dont have it in my UCL. Can someone please confirm that my understanding it correct. This is what I understood form the case 3 and 4 of the article.
      Now the problems is that when i try to replicate this behaviour, i dont pick up classes form other UCL's in a scoped deployment and HAVE TO provide the class in my own deployment.

Also are the classes in /server//lib/ loaded by a UCL3 same as any application in the deploy directory ?

regards,
      Rishabh.

• 1. Re: JBoss4.2.3GA class loading.

The above post can be summed up as a question below:

Question: What happens if the parent delegation is false, the deployment is scoped, the asking UCL does not have the class in its loadable classes list but the class is present in the server\default\lib?