4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2009 11:23 AM by peterj

Web Services

Hi there,

Is there any official documentation about how to deploy a web service in jboss. Do I have to install jbossws or its not necessary?

I built a simple "hello world" web service with netbeans but when I deploy it I get:

"marking servlet HelloWorld as unavailable
      Servlet /HelloWorld threw load() exception
      java.lang.ClassCastException: com.test
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet
      [...]"

so, I guess I am missing something.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Web Services
          peterj

JBossWS comes with JBossAS so there is nothing else to install.

What version of JBossAS? And what kind of web service did NetBeans build (some IDEs build Axis-based web services by default which will not work).

Have you looked at the JBossWS docs?

Here is a forum post the describes a complete, simple, web service: http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182251

• 2. Re: Web Services

Thanks.

JBossAS version is 4.2.2

I don't know what kind of web service NetBeans built (I checked in the properties but I didn't find anything)

My application is built in the same way as you described in your post, and if using Glassfish as AS everything works fine. So, I have no clue why it is not possible to deploy the servlet in JBoss :(

• 3. Re: Web Services

I just installed JBossAS 5.1.0 and is working well without any change, does anyone know whats wrong with version 4.2.2??

Thanks

• 4. Re: Web Services
                peterj

Without seeing all of your source code, and config files, it is hard to say what is wrong. Sometimes here are subtle differences between releases. From what I recall my web services run as-is on both JBosssAS 5.x and 4.2.3 (it's been a while since I tried them on 4.2.2).