4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 8:27 AM by mayerw01

JBoss 5.1.0.GA bootstrap problem

meinholz

I have a new install of JBoss 5.1.0.GA on Ubuntu 9.04. I have tried the jdk6 zip with Sun jdk-1.6.0_16 and the jdk5 zip with Sun jdk-1.5.0_20. I have the same error with both versions. I have also tried on a Windows installation and received the same problems. These errors occur with no modification to the default configuration.

The application server seems to work, but I get a couple of errors in the boot.log that concern me. The both seem to have to do with bootstrap processes (logging and vfs). Here are the exceptions:

javabilities/conf/bootstrap/logging.xml installed=true beanFactories=[AbstractBeanMetaData@fb1135{name=LogBridgeHandler bean=org.jboss.logbridge.LogBridgeHandler properties= constructor=null autowireCandidate=true}]}
      org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error deploying: file:/opt/jboss/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/javabilities/conf/bootstrap/logging.xml
      at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.deployer.kernel.BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.deploy(BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.java:136)
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.initBootstrapMDs(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:433)
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.start(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:250)
      at org.jboss.bootstrap.AbstractServerImpl.start(AbstractServerImpl.java:461)
      at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:221)
      at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:556)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
      Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ClassLoader has not been set
      at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractDeploymentUnit.getClassLoader(AbstractDeploymentUnit.java:154)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.deployer.kernel.BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.addBeanComponent(BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.java:60)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.deployer.kernel.BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.deploy(BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.java:126)
      ... 6 more

and

22:10:00,899 DEBUG [ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to build ManagedDeployment for: AbstractKernelDeployment@12f8a84{name=file:/opt/jboss/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/javabilities/conf/bootstrap/vfs.xml installed=true beanFactories=[AbstractBeanMetaData@2ee7e5{name=VFSCache bean=null properties=[realCache, permanentRoots] constructor=AbstractConstructorMetaData@f8395f{parameters=[null] factoryClass=org.jboss.virtual.spi.cache.VFSCacheFactory factoryMethod=getInstance} autowireCandidate=true start=AbstractLifecycleMetaData@7e9ce2{ whenRequired=ControllerState@17aaa0e{Start} parameters= }}, AbstractBeanMetaData@328c40{name=VfsNamesExceptionHandler bean=org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.helpers.NamesExceptionHandler properties= constructor=AbstractConstructorMetaData@95ef17{parameters=[java.lang.String]} autowireCandidate=true}]}
      org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error deploying: file:/opt/jboss/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/javabilities/conf/bootstrap/vfs.xml
      at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.deployer.kernel.BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.deploy(BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.java:136)
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.initBootstrapMDs(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:433)
      at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.start(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:250)
      at org.jboss.bootstrap.AbstractServerImpl.start(AbstractServerImpl.java:461)
      at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:221)
      at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:556)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
      Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ClassLoader has not been set
      at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractDeploymentUnit.getClassLoader(AbstractDeploymentUnit.java:154)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.deployer.kernel.BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.addBeanComponent(BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.java:60)
      at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.deployer.kernel.BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.deploy(BeanMetaDataFactoryVisitor.java:126)
      ... 6 more

Does anyone have any ideas or pointers in how to resolve this? Thanks,

Lloyd