6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2009 8:41 AM by Rasa Here

    jboss web console error

    Rasa Here Novice

      hi,

      In my jboss (jboss 4.2.3 GA) when i takes jboss web console using http://myserverip:port/web-console/ i am getiitng an http 500 error page.

      javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.AbstractMethodError: javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory.getJspApplicationContext(Ljavax/servlet/ServletContext;)Ljavax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext;
       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:273)
       javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
       org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
      
      root cause
      
      java.lang.AbstractMethodError: javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory.getJspApplicationContext(Ljavax/servlet/ServletContext;)Ljavax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext;
       org.apache.jsp.ServerInfo_jsp._jspInit(ServerInfo_jsp.java:63)
       org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.init(HttpJspBase.java:52)
       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:158)
       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:328)
       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:336)
       org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
       javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
       org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:9


      Is it because of some jar file is missing ??? Can any one help me to figure out my issue.

      Regards
      Rasa.

        • 1. Re: jboss web console error
          jaikiran pai Master

          Is this a clean installation or have you done any changes and/or deployed any of your applications? Try it on a clean installation without any changes.

          • 2. Re: jboss web console error
            Rasa Here Novice

             

            "jaikiran" wrote:
            Is this a clean installation or have you done any changes and/or deployed any of your applications? Try it on a clean installation without any changes.


            No I have deployed my application. One thing i needed to ask is in jbss.web deployer there is no servlet api and jsp-api jar files. When i copied those files it is started working now. Let me check once again.

            • 3. Re: jboss web console error
              jaikiran pai Master

               

              "rasa" wrote:
              One thing i needed to ask is in jbss.web deployer there is no servlet api and jsp-api jar files.


              Those jars are available in JBOSS_HOME/server/< servername>/lib folder.

              • 4. Re: jboss web console error
                Rasa Here Novice

                 

                "rasa" wrote:
                "jaikiran" wrote:
                Is this a clean installation or have you done any changes and/or deployed any of your applications? Try it on a clean installation without any changes.


                No I have deployed my application. One thing i needed to ask is in jbss.web deployer there is no servlet api and jsp-api jar files. When i copied those files it is started working now. Let me check once again.


                clean installation is working fine. But with application everything working fine with the old release. ie in 3.2.5.

                even AS is not able to find the classes from the ear which is deployed in the deploy directory


                
                 java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: com.apps.web.module.transaction.TicketReservationAction
                18:10:02,786 ERROR [STDERR] at org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr3.beginLoadTask(LoadMgr3.java:212)
                18:10:02,786 ERROR [STDERR] at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClassImpl(RepositoryClassLoader.java:521)
                18:10:02,786 ERROR [STDERR] at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClass(RepositoryClassLoader.java:415)
                18:10:02,786 ERROR [STDERR] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
                18:10:02,786 ERROR [STDERR] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
                18:10:02,786 ERROR [STDERR] at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
                18:10:02,786 ERROR [STDERR] at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
                
                


                I guess something i missed ???

                • 5. Re: jboss web console error
                  Rasa Here Novice

                   

                  "jaikiran" wrote:

                  Those jars are available in JBOSS_HOME/server/< servername>/lib folder.


                  Yes it is available. But it should be copied to jboss-web.deployer directory or the webserver will take those jars from default/lib directory. in the earlier version this jars are available in jbosswebtomcat.sar directory itself. Thats gives doubt.


                  Regards
                  Rasa