4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2002 3:08 PM by net_subscriber

Local Interface and Clustering

net_subscriber

Hi,
      Can the beans distibuted on a cluster still use Local interfaces to access their buddies?

regards

• 1. Re: Local Interface and Clustering
          slaboure

Well... local interfaces can only be accessed from a bean in the same container, so, yes, it doesn't change anything to the non-clustered case. It is just that a bean using a local bean won't failover to another local bean, and that seems trivially logical.

Cheers,

Sacha

• 2. Re: Local Interface and Clustering
            net_subscriber

Logic! well that's what I understand the least.
            anyway, by clusturing I understand that all beans exist on all servers that form the cluster and then they all synchronise somehow to reflect changes on a bean on one server. well in that case the local interface is not an issue.

• 3. Re: Local Interface and Clustering
              slaboure

Exactly. What is really interesting is the bean, not the kind of interface it exposes.

Cheers,

Sacha

• 4. Re: Local Interface and Clustering
                net_subscriber

thanx.

I am very new to EJB technology. And to JBoss. I should say all I know is what I am reading from a book. So such questions keep popping up. Thanx for your time and effort.

I am trying to put together the pieces in the jigsaw puzzle. The deployment descriptor has roles defined, and then fine grained access to nethods based on roles.

Where and HOW are these roles mapped to actual users accounts?
                How to do user login/ authentication/ roles mapping to this user so that he can do all the other stuff?

help me if you can

cheers