4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2002 10:29 AM by stevee

What is the state of JBoss Clustering?

stevee

Does JBoss clustering really work yet?

I've seen a few threads where the answer to a problem is "try getting out the CVS HEAD revision". What chance is there that a JBoss "all" config in a standard download will actually work in cluster? What about the CVS HEAD revision, is it actually working or just the best chance so far? Is anyone actually using clustering in anger, or are is it still in alpha or beta?

I've had some tries at getting clustering working, but my experience has been similar to fred_soulier's. I'm wondering whether us people new to JBoss just need to persevere or are we just banging our heads against a brick wall trying to run clusters right now?

steve

• 1. Re: What is the state of JBoss Clustering?
          slaboure

Stevee,

If you are unhappy with clustering, give us some feedback (stacktraces, etc.)

Until now, many problems people have come from a configuration issue. Few were real bugs.

So, I suggest that you get jboss-all from CVS (HEAD), try it, and if it doesn't work, give us appropriate feedback.

It is the only way for us to find bugs.

Cheers,

Sacha

• 2. Re: What is the state of JBoss Clustering?
            stevee

OK I got the HEAD rev yesterday and hopefully will do some testing today. Here's 3 questions though:

1) Our company is in the evaluation stage for JBoss at the moment. Are there recommended examples or test apps to run for clusters? It would be useful to start with an app with known expected behavior, before going onto using my own test code (actually the testing that I was doing before was with my own code). A standard cluster example would be an excellent starting-point if most problems are to do with config.

2) I ran the testsuite and it came up with a few failures. Is there a particular forum I should report this in, or shall I assume that this will be picked up soon enough anyways?

3) I got the latest AllDocsSubscription down last night and was disappointed to see that the clustering doc hasn't been updated since February. Will there be updated docs along any time soon? At the risk of being flamed, I'd say the current docs seem to ramble a bit, and have more high level overview than hands on info in them.

thanks

steve

• 3. Re: What is the state of JBoss Clustering?
              fred_soulier

Hi Steve,

I bought the clustering doc for $10 which shows a date of: 2002-06-20, 10:19:20 AM

http://www.flashline.com/components/productsbyvendor.jsp?&vendorid=1376&affiliateid=260343

/Fred

• 4. Re: What is the state of JBoss Clustering?
                stevee

thanks Fred, I'll check this out