1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 13, 2002 12:27 PM by slaboure

Disabling clustering

andy_wagg

I'm running with the 'all' configuration. However, when i also ran jboss on another machine they formed part of a cluster. I need my servers to be independent, so i remove the cluster-service.xml. The two servers then run correctly, however my client now fails performing a lookup.

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out. Root exception is java.io.InterruptedIOException: Receive timed out
      at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive (PlainDatagramSocketImpl.java)
      at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive (DatagramSocket.java:392) (pc 147)
      at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer (NamingContext.java:924) (pc 200)
      at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef (NamingContext.java:1006) (pc 177)
      at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(javax.naming.Name) (NamingContext.java:441) (pc 8)
      at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(java.lang.String) (NamingContext.java:434) (pc 12)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(java.lang.String) (InitialContext.java:350) (pc 6)
      at ejb.DisStartupSession.Client.main (Client.java:36) (pc 88)

Thanks

• 1. Re: Disabling clustering
          slaboure

Hello,

It simply means that your client application was previously not correctly configured i.e. the jndi.properties file is missing or incorrect.

While clustering was working, everything was fine in your case because, as part of clustering, automatic discovery of the replicated JNDI tree is performed when the configuration in your jndi.properties file contains no correct node information.

When you have removed the cluster-service.xml, your client wasn't able to find a target node anymore.

=> configure jndi.properties correctly and everything will work.

Cheers,

Sacha