2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2002 5:59 PM by stevepark

Entity Synchronization

stevepark

I've been using JBoss for about a year but I'm new to clustering. I'm using the jboss-3.0.1_tomcat-4.0.4 bundle with a PostgreSQL database on two RH 7.3 servers. When I deploy my ear to the farm directory, I get the normal startup messages on both servers. The problem I'm having is that the data from any new beans I create are only showing up in one database. If my application logs on to the server that has the data it works fine, but I get a bunch of entity not found exceptions when it logs on to the other. I've tried setting my transaction isolation level to serializable and set row-locking to true in my deployment descriptor (separately and together) and neither setting has made any difference. It's urgent that I get this working A.S.A.P. Please help!

• 1. Re: Entity Synchronization
          slaboure

First:
          use 3.0.3

Second:
          you say "only showing up in one database". Do you mean that you have two databases that are running, each one linked to a specific JBoss instance? If that is the case, that is not the way EB clustering works. We don't do DB clustering, we do EB clustering.

If I had implemented a generic database-clustering tool working with any database vendor I would be rich ;) Why do you think Oracle is selling big boxes?

• 2. Re: Entity Synchronization
            stevepark

Ohhhh! I didn't know that. I had assumed that the ejb's would update both databases. Thanks for the heads up!