1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 7, 2003 7:55 AM by slaboure

Isolating Jboss 3.0.4 clusters on same network

sunnykhosa

Hi,

I have 4 jboss instances running on my network. Two boxes each are hosting two different apps. Everything working great including session failover. But when i start booting up say box 3, it identifies box 1,2 and 4 also and subsequently sessions are clustered across all the 4 boxes though they are running two diff apps and dont need to.

Is there anyway i can isolate clusters? I believe jboss3.0.4 needs 'DefaultPartion' to start session services. I tried 3.0.6 build from sourceforge but it would not even start the distributable session manager, so cant use that.

I have tried TCPing in "partition properties" tag in cluster-service.xml. It looks like:

TCP(start_port=7800):TCPPING(initial_hosts=[other box][1091];port_range=5;timeout=3000;num_initial_members=2;down_thread=true):VERIFY_SUSPECT(timeout=1500;down_thread=false;up_thread=false):pbcast.STABLE(desired_avg_gossip=20000;down_thread=false;up_thread=false):pbcast.NAKACK(down_thread=true;gc_lag=100;retransmit_timeout=3000):pbcast.GMS(join_timeout=5000;join_retry_timeout=2000;shun=false;print_local_addr=false;down_thread=true;up_thread=true)

where [otherbox] contains the IP of my box 2 and i have similar entry in box 2's cluster-service.xml for box1. Now the boxes cant even identify each other when i start the up.

Could anyone tell me whats wrong in this? Or for that matter whats the best way to isolate clusters on same network. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Sumeer.