5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2003 2:25 AM by slaboure

HAPartition sample code?

avidrissman

I'm looking to write an MBean that's replicated and coordinates with other instances of itself using an HAPartition. Chapter 9 of the clustering PDF states:

"If you have developed clustered services (MBEANs, etc.) that are very stable, you should most probably install a new HAPartition for your own usage and leave the default one for JBoss clustering features."

But chapter 8 says:

"You do not directly built an instance of a HAPartition. Instead you use an MBEAN definition (or equivalent)."

It then goes on to discuss the HAPartition methods, but provides no sample code.

I'm rather lost. How do I create a clustered MBean using an HAPartition? How do I create my own HAPartition? I looked at the JBoss source but didn't find anything similar to what I wanted to do. Is there any sample code out there?

Thanks!

Avi

• 1. Re: HAPartition sample code?
          slaboure

check deploy/cluster-service.xml

it shows the creation of a HAPartition.

Then you use it in your code either by looking it up in JNDI or by connecting to it directly through JMX.

Cheers,

sacha

• 2. Re: HAPartition sample code?
            avidrissman

Thank you!

I'm trying to follow the advice to make my own partition. In the XML file I specify:

But when I deploy I get:

13:55:41,924 INFO [ClusterPartition] Started ClusterPartition: DefaultPartition

and in the jmx console, I see that although it's attached to the name "MyClusterPartition", its name is "DefaultPartition". How should I fix this?

• 3. Re: HAPartition sample code?
              avidrissman

Thank you!

I'm trying to follow the advice to make my own partition. In the XML file I specify:

But when I deploy I get:

and in the jmx console, I see that although it's attached to the name "MyClusterPartition", its name is "DefaultPartition". How should I fix this?

• 4. Re: HAPartition sample code?
                avidrissman

Thank you!

But when I deploy I get:

• 5. Re: HAPartition sample code?
                  slaboure

Yes, don't forget to modify the PartitionName attribute as well!

DefaultPartition

AND USE 3.0.6!!!