This post belongs to the thread 30341, but my reply wasn't showing up on it for some reason. Refer to http://www.jboss.org/modules/bb/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t= for more background on this topic.
I have encountered a null pointer exception with JBoss 3.2.1 using the JGStore session replication (Jetty's).
The scenario is:
1. Server A is running with an active session.
2. Server B is started - but never creates the existing session on Server A.
3. An attribute changes in the session on Server A.
4. Server A propagates this change to Server B.
5. Server B attempts to call the method "setLastAccessedTime" in org.mortbay.j2ee.session.AbstractReplicatedStore on a null target, which causes the null pointer exeption.
The null target means that a subsription event was never triggered on Server B for the existing session on Server A. This event must only be sent by Server A when it creates the session. However, all existing sessions on Server A need to be created on Server B as soon as it joins the session replication group.
Please let me know if this is a known issue and if/when a bug fix is expected, or if any additional details are needed.
Please post this on Jetty ML as this is Jules's code and he seems not to read this forum.