9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2007 12:39 PM by javatwo

Richfaces Gmap component sources

frozone

Hello!

I try to use the Gmap component library for our jsp web project and need to implement more gmap functions in javascript. Thats why I need to use the sources of the library instead of using the jar. But when i import the sources, i cant use the tags in my .jsp files. Does anybode know how to integrate the sources, so i can implement more functions and use the taglibrary?

Thanks a lot, Cliff

• 1. Re: Richfaces Gmap component sources

implementing gmap function in javascript is a way how you need to work with rich:gmap component. So, I am not quite understand what is your problem and how the source (of what?) might help

• 2. Re: Richfaces Gmap component sources
            frozone

Hi Sergey,

thanks for your quick answer.
            I'll try to explain my problem another way. We've got a myFaces Programm running and want to integrate some googleMaps functionality. But we need to draw rectangles or bounding boxes into the gmap. As far as I can see, these function ist not supported yet. Is there any tutorial on how to work with the gmap component?
            Another thing is, when I try to add the tld to the web.xml it is not recognized. So I can't use it in the jsp files.

Thanks in advance!
            Cliff

• 3. Re: Richfaces Gmap component sources

Use the standard google map documentation to do what it is possible with google map:
              http://www.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/

Use gmapVar attribute to define the javascript variable you will use to manipulate with map
              Use oninit attribute to initiate some code when the map is loaded on the page (if it needs)

http://livedemo.exadel.com/richfaces-demo/richfaces/gmap.jsf is the example of usage. Everything that allows in the Google map itself is possible to use with rich:gmap

• 4. Re: Richfaces Gmap component sources
                frozone

hi Sergey,

thanks once again for your answer. Perhaps I should post some Code.

<rich:gmap id="smallMap" binding="#{geocoderBean.map}"/>

is how I create the map. In my Bean I got
                public void setMap(final HtmlGmap map) {
                 if (this.map == null) {
                 this.map = map;
                 this.map.setGmapVar(CliffGeocoderBean.MAP_GMAP_VAR);
                 this.map.setZoom(CliffGeocoderBean.MAP_ZOOM_INITIAL);
                 this.map.setStyle(CliffGeocoderBean.MAP_STYLE);
                 this.map.setGmapKey(this.getGmapKey());
                 this.map.setLat(CliffGeocoderBean.MAP_LATTIDUDE_INITIAL);
                 this.map.setLng(CliffGeocoderBean.MAP_LONGTIDUDE_INITIAL);
                 this.map.setMapType(CliffGeocoderBean.MAP_TYPE_INITIAL);
                 this.map.setShowGMapTypeControl("false");
                 this.map.setShowGLargeMapControl("false");
                 } else {
                 this.map = map;
                 }
                 }

The code works fine and a gmap is shown
                Now when I try to access the map in JS with map.setCenter(..) I get an error, that map is not defined. That's the problem I can't cope with. Perhaps I just need one small hint or an example. I already had a look at the richfaces-demo. But did not get any further...

Hoping once again for your help!

Thanks
                Cliff

• 5. Re: Richfaces Gmap component sources

Good to know you have a progress. Very important about this component - it is initiated on page load. I.e. you cannot access to the gmap var before the page is loaded.
                  For example, you can say just:

<script>
                  map.setCenter(..);
                  </script>

However, you can NOT say:
                  <button onclick="map.setCenter(..);" />

If it is important to run some code at the beginning, use oninit:

<rich:gmap ..... oninit="initMap()" />

<script>
                  function initMap() {
                   map.setCenter(..);
                  }
                  </script>

• 6. Re: Richfaces Gmap component sources
                    frozone

Hi Sergey,

hopefully you mean the other way around...
                    This does not work...

<script>
                    map.setCenter(..);
                    </script>

whereas this works fine...
                    <button onclick="map.setCenter(..);" />

So I managed to create some Buttons, which are able to manipulate the map. But I need to have script running after the map has loaded. OnInit() ist not supported by the latest TLD. So that's the problem. Do you know how I can run JS after the page has been loaded?

Regards
                    Cliff

• 7. Re: Richfaces Gmap component sources

It was a way to invoke the init code in the previous version/ However, I highly recommend you to use the current version - 1.1.1 . See : http://jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=110267

• 8. Re: Richfaces Gmap component sources
                        frozone

Hi Sergey,

Sorry for my late answer. I was not at home the whole week-end. today I tried to fix my problem for about eight hours. I really got stucked. What I want is to add a Button onto the Gmap wich is clickable.
                        I still got the problem, that I can't handle with the map-variable as long as the map is not loaded. And it is loaded at the very last component. So there is no chance for me to add a button next to the zoom button for example, because I can not interact with the map before page load.
                        Do you have any idea or can provide me some code?

Thanks once again!

Cliff

• 9. Re: Richfaces Gmap component sources
                          javatwo

Recently I am also looking at GMap. Can the GMap accept street address/zip code instead of (Lattitude,Longitude)? 99% people including me does not know the (Lattitude,Longitude) from an address. :) I believe I miss some very basic things.