0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2003 2:51 PM by weiqingh

cached remote interface cannot connect back to the restarted

weiqingh

i am using jboss3.2.1 with a cluster of 2 jboss servers. my client (setting provider url to null for initialcontext) caches the remote interface and invokes a method on an ejb hosted by both servers. it round-robined well to the 2 serers. if i bring down one server, or bring back the server later, the client is able to find the new server and re-load-balance.

however if i only have one server in the cluster, and the server dies and is back up again, and now if the client tries to reuse the cached remote interface (that was working before the server was restarted), i will get a "service unavailable" remote exception like this:
      org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxyHA.invoke(JRMPInvokerProxyHA.java:291)
      at org.jboss.invocation.InvokerInterceptor.invoke(InvokerInterceptor.java:87)
      at org.jboss.proxy.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:46)
      at org.jboss.proxy.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:45)
      at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.HomeInterceptor.invoke(HomeInterceptor.java:173)
      at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.invoke(ClientContainer.java:85)

can jboss client recorganize the fact that the same server has restarted and communicated accordingly? thanx.