4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2003 8:27 AM by Peter Goetz

farming with .jar in ./farm/ doesn't work

Peter Goetz Newbie

Hello Forum,

I'm setting up a clustered jboss with clusterwide hot deploy via farming.
      Until now my .jar took place in the ./deploy/ folder. But if I set the URLs attribute in farm-service.xml on this directory, both nodes I work with break down at deploy time.
      If I change the place of the .jar to the ./farm/ directory, the jboss instance does not start properly. The first error is

16:04:43,776 INFO [MainDeployer] Deployment of package: file:/C:/JBCluster/server1/jboss-3.2.1/server/gvp/farm/catalog.jar is waiting for an appropriate deployer.
      16:04:43,776 ERROR [FarmMemberService] MBeanException: Exception in MBean operation 'checkIncompleteDeployments()'
      Cause: Incomplete Deployment listing:
      Packages waiting for a deployer:
      [org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@56b1a320 { url=file:/C:/JBCluster/server1/jboss-3.2.1/server/gvp/farm/catalog.jar }
      deployer: null
      state: INIT_WAITING_DEPLOYER
      watch: file:/C:/JBCluster/server1/jboss-3.2.1/server/gvp/farm/catalog.jar
      lastDeployed: 1059055483766
      lastModified: 1059055483716
      mbeans:
      ]Incompletely deployed packages:

I've tried to set the URLs attribute to ./farm/, too. But that did not work either.

Could it be I have to change the ejb-jar.xml or another file of the jboss configuration? Or do I have to put other files into the ./farm/ folder, too?

I tried to find a solution with google, in this forum, but I haven't found one possible solution. Perhaps one of you could help me? Thank you very much in advance!!!

Peter