1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 19, 2003 1:05 PM by Sacha Labourey

Help with clustered MBeans

Michael Daleiden Newbie

I've read (and re-read) the Clustering doco and cannot fathom how to set things up so that the following scenario works:

I have a set of MBeans that provide services for my application. I would like to deploy these MBeans on multiple servers (for load-balancing and failover). I do not want to set them up as singletons, but I do want one and only one MBean to be utilized per request (e.g., no callMethodOnCluster()). I also would like to have the invocations of the MBeans load-balanced (any flavor is fine) and fault-tolerant (so that if a server goes down, the invocation of the service is routed to another server).

I am thinking that there is a way to do this using HARMI, but I can't seem to wrap my brain around what to do on the server side to set up HARMI for each of the MBeans, and I also can't fathom how to set up the client (application) side to use HARMI.

It is important to note that I cannot use EJBs for the implementation of these services, as they are very multi-threaded. I could use EJBs to front-end the MBeans on each server, but I was wondering if there is another mechanism that might eliminate the need for EJBs.

Any and all help is appreciated!