6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2004 2:33 AM by lac_raz

Farming documentation

lac_raz

Where can I find farming documentation ?
      The farming documentation on the payed PDF is very poor .

• 1. Re: Farming documentation
          darranl

What don't you understand? The document contained everything that I needed to know to get farming working.

• 2. Re: Farming documentation
            lac_raz

a little bit more explanetions about how it works .
            How can I controll the hot deployment in the farm ?
            I have three nodes in my cluster .When I redeploy my .ear , I get an imidiate undeploy on the other two servers. This causing aproblem because the user have little window in which he can't work and get an exception because the application is not fully functional yet.

• 3. Re: Farming documentation
              lepe

Well, that is what farming is all about... Deploy/redeploy on one node and the whole farm will be automatically updated... :)

If _you_ wants the control... deploy individualy instead.

/L

• 4. Re: Farming documentation
                lac_raz

but what if I want to control the deployment order of the nodes (e.g. first deploy to second node and then to the third one)?

• 5. Re: Farming documentation
                  jasonc

"lac_raz" wrote:
                  but what if I want to control the deployment order of the nodes (e.g. first deploy to second node and then to the third one)?

Under what circumstances would it be desirable to control the deployment order after the master comes up?

We're clustering, but we have some problems therein and we're not using the farming stuff in order to cluster, and I think that this is causing some additional problems on 3.2.5. My current idea is that the fact that we're not using the farming stuff for clustering and controlling some of the configuration under jboss/server/all/deploy by hand is causing other similar problems. I'd like to get current and I'm thinking that maybe it's time to purchase the documentation here. ;)

So my question is that if you're farming why would it be desirable to control deployment order of nodes in the cluster?

Thanks,
                  -Jason

• 6. Re: Farming documentation
                    lac_raz

The reason I want this kind of control is because I want to tell my users to stop working while I'm hot deploying my application. When I'm using farming , the moment I'm hot deploying my application , the other app servers undeploying the application . So a window in which users can't work is created . If I have control on deployment I can get continueus of workflow on behalf of my users.