3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2005 4:25 AM by cleconte

Clustering : assistance to find the solution

Hi,

Currently I try to implement my own framework based on JBoss because
      I want to provide an easy environnemnt for the application developpers.

The framework will have to perform HTTP request sent by different VoiceXML Browsers. Unlike classic web architecture one client can begin a vocal session on a VoiceXML Brower 'A' and after telephony operations he can continue on another VoiceXML Brower 'B'. A VoiceXML browser is like a HTML Browser, it sends HTTP requests to web server and receive VoiceXML pages. I want to implement a client context replication, but I can't save directly in the client context in the HTTP Session and use the HTTP Session replication mechanism because the customer can use VoiceXML Browser 'A' and/or VoiceXML Brower 'B'.
      In this case there are much more HTTP Sessions for one client.
      I thought use clustering Stateful Session Bean as context object.
      In this case the node will replicate the state of SFSB on the other node.
      It makes good with heavy client ( java stub), but in my case there are 2 VoiceXML Browsers.
      I didn't find the good solution to replicate client context.
      If someone has a solution for my problem : 2 JBoss servers and 2 VoiceXML Browsers.

Regards,

Mano

• 1. Re: Clustering : assistance to find the solution
          hariv

Have you tried using JBOSS cache. Its a global cache across different nodes. For eg: you can store a value of 1 under the tree /a/b. So the leaf /a/b will have the value 1 in all nodes. In your case you can store the values under /<Client ID> (I guess the Client ID will be unique for multiple sessions from the client> .

Please take a look at JBOSSCache ; I think that will be the solution to the pblm.

• 2. Re: Clustering : assistance to find the solution
            hariv

Have you tried using JBOSS cache. Its a global cache across different nodes. For eg: you can store a value of 1 under the tree /a/b. So the leaf /a/b will have the value 1 in all nodes. In your case you can store the values under /<Client ID> (I guess the Client ID will be unique for multiple sessions from the client> .

Please take a look at JBOSSCache ; I think that will be the solution to the pblm.

• 3. Re: Clustering : assistance to find the solution

Hi,

I have just been reading JBossCache and I think that is the good solution.

Thanks.