3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2005 11:00 AM by starksm64

JBoss(Cluster) shutdown on HPUX

tuzi_ws

Jboss 3.23, HPUX 11, JRE 1.41-06
      I am using the shutdown -S command or Ctrl+C to shutdown the jboss ("all")in HP Unix.
      But the jboss is not stopping properly after sometime in shutdown process,it hangs . and when i list the processes using ps comman i can still see the jboss process running.

2005-03-14 16:43:30,152 INFO [org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvokerHA] Stopping jboss:service=invoker,type=jrmpha
      2005-03-14 16:43:30,153 INFO [org.jboss.ha.jndi.HANamingService] Stopping jboss:service=HAJNDI
      2005-03-14 16:43:30,154 DEBUG [XSAM_Partition_cluster_development_wf:ReplicantManager] notifyKeyListeners
      2005-03-14 16:43:30,154 DEBUG [XSAM_Partition_cluster_development_wf:ReplicantManager] listeners is null
      2005-03-14 16:43:32,940 INFO [org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread] Shutdown

I found that occured at the time of"2005-03-14 16:43:54,164 DEBUG [com.cvicse.inforweb.ha.jndi.HANamingService] Stopping AutomaticDiscovery".
      I shut down JBoss properly after commenting HAJNDI service from cluster-service.xml.But I must use HAJNDI for EJB cluster.

I looked up the code of the org.jboss.ha.jndi.HANamingService.stopService().It calls stop() function of HANamingService$AutomaticDiscovery.Then it calls java.net.DatagramSocket.close() function,here the server hangs up.

Folowing code is DatagramSocket.close() :
      public void close() {
      synchronized(closeLock) {
      if (isClosed())
      return;
      impl.close();
      closed = true;
      }
      }
      public boolean isClosed() {
      synchronized(closeLock) {
      return closed;
      }
      }

I suspect that perhaps synchronized of closeLock result in this case.but I don't know how to investigate that at this point.
      Perhaps the HPUX mechanism of UDP Socket is differ form other OS?
      What I can do to ensure shutdown JBoss(cluster) on HPUX correctly?

Any info or sugesstion will be helpful.

Thanking in advance.