4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2005 11:55 AM by pkles

No fail-Safe nor Load-Balancing

pkles

Hi,

We are having some troubles with the cluster configuration and we are running out of ideas, so please give as some advice!!. The story goes like this: First of all. we are using jboss 4.0.0, with the "default" server. After copying some services and libraries from the "all" configuration to "default", the nodes detect each other and join the same partition correctly!.

The problem here is that after configuring a SLSB of our app in jboss.xml with "true" to work within this partition, we are getting no fail-safe nor load-balancing for it.

The SLSB client app, which is looking up through port 1100 (ha-jndi), sends all the processing request to only one of the nodes of the cluster, but sometimes, after turning this client app off and on again, it starts sending all the processing requests to the other node.

We are using Round Robin load balance policy.

What can we do now??

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: No fail-Safe nor Load-Balancing
          pkles

P.S - Forgot to say that in the client app that calls the mentioned SLSB, we had cached the home and remote interfaces.

• 2. Re: No fail-Safe nor Load-Balancing
            pkles

PLEASE!!!! I need help with this problem! I´ve been working for 2 weeks and I can´t find the solution anywhere. My nodes are seeing each others, but the client app can´t get failover or load-balanced!!. I used the 1100 for looking up the stubs, and right now I´m trying with no IP:Port (autodiscovery), but I´m still noticing the same behaviour.

Salud!

Pablo

• 3. Re: No fail-Safe nor Load-Balancing
              pkles

Hi all!,

Here goes a new hint I found for this problem:

When I generate an exception on the client app (the one getting connected to the clustered SLSB) I get this:

at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy.invoke(JRMPInvokerProxy.java:118)

I read that it should use de HA variant of JRMPInvoker....but I´m not getting it!!. I´m getting connected through 1100 port with no URL_PROVIDER string....so I asume that I´m using HAJNDI.

Any suggestion?

Pablo

Is this a kind of bug or something like that?

• 4. Re: No fail-Safe nor Load-Balancing
                pkles

Well guys....finally I found the solution: The jboss.xml was on another folder than META-INF.

Cheers!

Pablo