5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2005 3:22 AM by shashi kanth boddula

Clustering EJB3 JBoss 4.0.3

Sebastian Rohde Newbie

I have a Problem concerning clustering ejbs. Searching did not lead me to a result so I am asking in this Forum:

I was using the installer and chose the "all" config in the installer to install the AS.

Now I am trying to experiment a little bit with clustered beans and immediately had a problem which I think I did not have with previous releases + EJB3 .

When deploying it did not find LoadBalancePolicy:

[ServiceController] Problem creating service jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,name=info.seraphim.tests.stateful.CalculatorBean
      java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.TypeNotPresentException: Type org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.LoadBalancePolicy not present

The code (Taken from the trail and slightly modified):

import javax.ejb.*;
      import java.util.*;
      import java.io.Serializable;
      import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.Clustered;

@Stateful
      @Clustered
      @Remote(CalculatorRemote.class)
      public class CalculatorBean implements Calculator, CalculatorRemote, Serializable {

I guess it has something to do with the ejb3 installer's version not beeing fully "cluster-ready". What should I do to get a "clustered" 4.0.3 wit ejb3 support?

Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: Clustering EJB3 JBoss 4.0.3
          Sebastian Rohde Newbie

Does nobody have a quick hint on this issue? Perhaps we should integrate the ejb3 beta into a packaged 4.0.3 JBoss?

• 2. Re: Clustering EJB3 JBoss 4.0.3
            Diego Parra Newbie

Hi i´m having the same problem.

I installed the jboss-4.0.3RC1-installer.jar with the predefined option (all).

I compiled the example of clustering from the jboss-EJB-3.0_RC1 tutorial, and then I deployed it.

When I deploy the component, I got this error.

--- MBeans waiting for other MBeans ---
            ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,name=org.jboss.tutorial.clustering.bean.SessionBean
            State: FAILED
            Reason: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.TypeNotPresentException: Type org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.LoadBalancePolicy not present

ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,name=org.jboss.tutorial.clustering.bean.StatefulBean
            Reason: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.TypeNotPresentException: Type org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.LoadBalancePolicy not present

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
            ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,name=org.jboss.tutorial.clustering.bean.SessionBean

ObjectName: jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,name=org.jboss.tutorial.clustering.bean.StatefulBean

I downloaded the last EJB3 release (from August 4) and patched my JBoss and still got the problem,

Does anyone know about this problem?
            Do I need to activate any option or download any file?

Thanks in Advance

• 3. Re: Clustering EJB3 JBoss 4.0.3
              Kabir Khan Master

I've not tried the installer myself, but when starting jboss are you sure you start it with the all config?

$cd jboss-4.0.3RC1/bin
              $run -c all

Also does the JBOSS/server/all/lib folder contain jboss-ha.jar?

• 4. Re: Clustering EJB3 JBoss 4.0.3
                Diego Parra Newbie

Thanks for your help

The problem is that the autoinstaller jar only includes the "default" configuration for Jboss, and clustering needs the "all" configuration.

I downloaded the Zip file, and patched it with the last EJB3 distribution.

After that, my EJBs deploy ok, but now I'm getting problems with the load-balancing and fail-over features, that I couldn't maka them work.

I started up two Jboss in the same partition, and I ran a single client (clustering example from ejb3 tutorial) and the calls are always handled by a single server, and if I stop it the client fails inmmediately without making fail-over to the other server.

This is my jndi.properties

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
                java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
                java.naming.provider.url=dev-diegop:1100,dev-franciscor:1100

Thank you in advance

• 5. Re: Clustering EJB3 JBoss 4.0.3
                  shashi kanth boddula Newbie

I am not able find the Clustering example from EJB3 Tutorial . Please anybody give me the URL?