3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2005 4:20 PM by edavis

high load web application, need to select a replication stra

edavis

Hello,
      we are starting the development of a large web applicacion that will server many users (20k concurrent users, 350k registered users), we selected Jboss as the AS for the clustering features and the licence scheme now I need to pick the right strategy for the replication of the cluster.

This is the strategy I have so far, PLEASE correct me if Im wrong.

1.- HTTP-Session replication: The application is not critical, so if one of the nodes goes down is aceptable for the end-user to loose the session and start all over in another node, so I wont replicate the http-session info and will use sticky sessions.

2.- Stateless Session beans replication: Do I need to set @Clustered this beans? I mean they are stateless, each node should have hes own pool, or am I missunderstanding something?

3.- Entity Bean: to boost performance I should set @Clustered and replicate this beans because some instances of this beans will be used a ton more than the others.

btw. english is not my main language so please excuse me for the spelling and gramatical errors.