7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2006 2:18 PM by brian.stansberry

3.0 and 4.0 clustering

patrickmulligan

Is the 3.0 clustering the same clustering for 4.02? That is, are the 3.0 docs the same for 4.0?

I checked the FAQ on this and it was not there.

I also erronously cross posted in the wrong forum, sorry.

• 1. Re: 3.0 and 4.0 clustering
          brian.stansberry

And I erroneously responded on the wrong forum as well :)

Yes, the Cluster guide was written for 3.0 but is still useful. There may be a small change hear or there, plus some new features not covered, but still quite useful. There is a clustering chapter in the JBoss 4.0 admin guide as well.

• 2. Re: 3.0 and 4.0 clustering
            patrickmulligan

Thanks much!!!

I am trying to get ready for the exam for 4.x, is the 4.x AS clustering section accurate and have enough of the width and depth?

• 3. Re: 3.0 and 4.0 clustering
              brian.stansberry

TBH, it's been a while since I looked at the questions from the advanced course exam. The 4.x AS clustering section is accurate and covers most of the ground. I'd encourage you to take a look at the Clustering guide as well, at least to skim the TOC for topic areas not touched upon in the 4.x AS Guide.

• 4. Re: 3.0 and 4.0 clustering
                dgiscool

Hi,

A quick question, when you say 'clustering guide' is it same as "Jboss as Clustering' document dated 2004-05-21 by SACHA LABOUREY, BILL BURKE.

Also, I went through the admin guide for 4.0.2, but I couldn't find a dedicated section on clustering... it's all spread across the document.

Please reply. Appreciate your help.

Thanks
                Deep

• 5. Re: 3.0 and 4.0 clustering
                  brian.stansberry

Yes, I was referring to the 2004-05-21 doc by Sacha and Bill.

Take a look at the 4.0.3 admin guide; it has a clustering chapter.

• 6. Re: 3.0 and 4.0 clustering
                    dgiscool

I'm investigating about using jboss 4.0.3 as an appsvr. what version of jdk is recommended to use with that i.e. jdk-1_5_0_06 or any specific one? which version of jboss is most stable out of 4.0.2 and 4.0.3.

we only intend to use the servlet container in clustered environment.

thanks
                    deep

• 7. Re: 3.0 and 4.0 clustering
                      brian.stansberry

4.0.3.SP1 is the latest (and therefore best) stable release.

Re: JDK, we recommend the latest JDK from either the 1.5 or 1.4.2 lines. Either will work fine with 4.0.3.SP1. If you can use a 1.5 JDK, we recommend that you do so.