Thanks for the reply.
I tried to modify the cluster-service.xml by adding FD_SOCK as follows:
<FD_SOCK up_thread="true" down_thread="true" />
<FD shun="true" up_thread="true" down_thread="true"
timeout="2500" max_tries="5" />
Also, different version of jgroups.jar are being replaced
a)2.2.4 <---default in 3.2.5
However, the timing issue is still unresolved for the 2nd case. Is this the bug for 3.2.5 release ? We are not intended to upgrade the version by the way.
So, any other solution can be provided ? Many thanks.
Not sure how much help I can be without detailed log information about what happens.
I realize now I may have misread your original post -- you describe the time it takes to "launch" the singletons. Is this the time it takes to *begin* the process, i.e. how long it takes to recognize that the 2nd server has become the master, or the time it takes to *complete* the process, including whatever it takes for your singletons to deploy and/or become active?
My previous question was targetted toward the former.
There are totally 3 singletons. Make it simple, may be we use 1 singleton to illustrate the scenario. What I mean the "long" time for launching it in 2nd case is that the singleton almost needs 2 - 3 minutes for being completion of running its constructor and "startSingleton" method defined in jboss-service.xml, then finally the new cluster view is built. You can see the following log in 2nd node once I quit the master node using "Ctrl-C":
10:02:17,628 INFO [Http11Protocol] Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-0.0.0.0-8080
10:02:18,030 INFO [ChannelSocket] JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
10:02:18,143 INFO [JkMain] Jk running ID=0 time=0/249 config=null
10:03:20,704 INFO [STDOUT] calling singleton constructor
10:05:21,489 INFO [STDOUT] starting singleton...
10:07:21,572 INFO [ServiceModule] Registration is not done -> stop
10:07:21,641 INFO [EmmgClusterPartition] New cluster view (id: 2, delta: -1) : [192.168.10.231:1099]
10:07:21,642 INFO [EmmgClusterPartition:ReplicantManager] Dead members: 1
Since there are 3 singletons in my case, so the total time for "completing" their activation is about 10 minutes. It's really a big problem for us!!