0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2008 5:53 AM by putifer

Custom implementation of FirstAvailable Load Balancing Polic

putifer

Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple Jboss cluster with 2 nodes running JBoss 3.2.4 with the farming service activated, but I have a lot of legacy restrictions.

The load balancing policy I need to use is the FirstAvailable, but I need some enhancements.

The FirstAvilable documentation says:

One of the available target nodes is elected as the main target and is used for every call: this elected member is randomly chosen from the list of members in the cluster. When the list of target nodes changes (because a node starts or dies), the policy will re-elect a target node unless the currently elected node is still available. Each client-side interceptor or load balancer elects its own target node independently of the other proxies.

This behaviour is perfect for my cluster except for one thing. I need some of this enhancements:

Option 1) When the list of target nodes changes, the policy re-elect ALWAYS a target node

Option 2)The policy re-elect a target node every X timeout

Does anyboy know how could I do this?

I tried storing a session time in my custom policy re-implementing the writeExternal and readExternal methods from LoadBalancePolicyEx unsuccessfully.

Best Regards,
      Daniel