3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2009 10:46 AM by gvamsius

UDP Errors

gvamsius

I have a JBoss cluster of 3 nodes
      Version 4.0.4

But lately i am seeing the following errors in the server.log file.

15:15:39,172 ERROR [UDP] exception=java.io.StreamCorruptedException: invalid stream header
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:763)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.(ObjectInputStream.java:278)
      at org.jgroups.protocols.UDP.handleIncomingUdpPacket(UDP.java:670)
      at org.jgroups.protocols.UDP.run(UDP.java:249)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

A search on the google is suggesting me to look at my JGroups configuration. But what exactly should i modify for these errors to go away?

• 1. Re: UDP Errors
          gvamsius

I see the following errors in the log.

2009-07-31 11:08:44,507 WARN [org.jgroups.protocols.UDP] packet from /10.64.204.232:46775 has different version (^Q^A^B&) from ours (0227). This may cause problems

2009-07-31 11:08:44,502 WARN [org.jgroups.protocols.UDP] packet from /10.64.204.232:46775 has different version (^Q^A^B&) from ours (0227). This may cause problems

and so on.... It continues.
          Does any one know how to resolve the issue here.

• 2. Re: UDP Errors
            belaban

You're running different versions of JGroups on the same group/mcast_addr/mcast_port. Make sure you use separate mcast_addr/mcast_ports for ech separate cluster

• 3. Re: UDP Errors
              gvamsius

I resolved my issue.

I knew there are conflicts with respect to multicast IP/Port, but didnt know where there were.

Meaning, Jboss configuration files for the 2 different projects have their own multicast IP/Port's. I couldnt see where the conflict was coming from.

SO i did the following test.
              java -cp ./jgroups.jar org.jgroups.tests.McastReceiverTest -mcast_addr 224.10.10.10 -port 5555

I could see clearly the conflicts are coming from another project.
              Even though that projects JBoss Configs are completely, i still see conflicts.
              It turns out the war file deployed in that project has cluster.properties file that has ports that are conflicting with other projects.
              Once i changed it and redeployed the app, our problem is resolved.