2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 6:28 AM by radar

Is it the right tool for multisites management?

radar

Hi,
      I'm evaluation some solutions regarding multi site mangament and I wuold like to know before to enter in deep exploration if with GateIn I will manage this scenario (I put yes where I probably know..):
      1) Creating multiple site using one istance of GateIn (yes)
      2) Have different languages for each site (yes)
      3) assigning a doman (www.mydomain.com) for each site (?)
      4) create many sub site deriving from the main site each site uses different language than the main one but it uses same template with different skin (yes)
      5) each sub site reuses contents from the parent rather than specific contents created in the sub site (probabily yes ?)
      6) assigning a specific domain to the sub site www.mydomain.it or it will be translate to www.mydomain.com/it (?)
      7) adding different structures( pages) in each sub site (yes)

Is it the rigth tools for these aims?

Regards
      MDT

• 1. Re: Is it the right tool for multisites management?
          rafaelliu

Hey,

about your questions:

3) You can use a front end for that. Something like Apache HTTP, create virtual hosts and proxy requests.
          5) Sure, that's what portals are all about. You can even user a portlet hosted elsewhere through WSRP.
          6) Didn't understand well.. But I believe you are talking about a front end solution, like HTTPD..

I believe you are same as for the features. Give it a try and see it if fits you.

[]'s

• 2. Re: Is it the right tool for multisites management?
            radar

Hi,
            thanks for the answer, regarding the point 6 I mean i I create contents inside the site can I refer to it using a 3rd level domain?
            I understand using a front end solution (trhu apache http for instance) it is possible.

Ok next step I will play with GateIn

Regards
            MDT