The procedure is to run the testsuite with the modified third party component and then make sure you document its version and license as described here:
Unless your familar with the current state of the testsuite errors, you need to do a before and after run to see what new errors if any the change introduces.
hrm - fun - looks like this will be my first foray compiling jboss from source. :)
julien has handled this problem for nukes (we've got our own thirdparty lib dir now), but i did want to follow up w/ my findings ...
i didn't have success trying to compile "jboss-head" w/ xdoclet 1.2.1. :(
here are the areas of discrepency between the tests incase anyone wants to pursue this further.
- org.jboss.test.aop.test : 27 errors
- org.jboss.test.cache.test.local : 1 fatal
- org.jboss.test.entity.test : 4 errors
- org.jboss.test.client.test produces 3 errors under current xdoclet version, but none under 1.2.1
the testing was done against code checked out this morning, so results may vary if new code/bug fixes are checked in.