3 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2004 4:17 PM by jae77

upgrade thirdparty dir's version of xdoclet

jae77

applogies if this is the incorrect forum for this, i wasn't really sure where to post this...

the current version of xdoclet being used by jboss (to build source) is 1.2b3. this version doesn't have support for the sql-type and jdbc-type attributes on the @jboss.relation tag, which is going to be needed to resolve some cmp table creation issues when using postgres.

given that the thirdparty directory is shared by all jboss components, is there any process/restrictions on upgrading to version 1.2.1? i can handle checking in the new versions, but does anything else need to occur first for this update to happen?

• 1. Re: upgrade thirdparty dir's version of xdoclet
          starksm64

The procedure is to run the testsuite with the modified third party component and then make sure you document its version and license as described here:

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=47520

Unless your familar with the current state of the testsuite errors, you need to do a before and after run to see what new errors if any the change introduces.

• 2. Re: upgrade thirdparty dir's version of xdoclet
            jae77

hrm - fun - looks like this will be my first foray compiling jboss from source. :)

• 3. Re: upgrade thirdparty dir's version of xdoclet
              jae77

julien has handled this problem for nukes (we've got our own thirdparty lib dir now), but i did want to follow up w/ my findings ...

i didn't have success trying to compile "jboss-head" w/ xdoclet 1.2.1. :(

here are the areas of discrepency between the tests incase anyone wants to pursue this further.

- org.jboss.test.aop.test : 27 errors
              - org.jboss.test.cache.test.local : 1 fatal
              - org.jboss.test.entity.test : 4 errors

- org.jboss.test.client.test produces 3 errors under current xdoclet version, but none under 1.2.1

the testing was done against code checked out this morning, so results may vary if new code/bug fixes are checked in.