2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2002 5:49 PM by juha

JBoss 3.0 performances ?

scobsb

We are developping a web application with EJBs and Servlets. We were working with JBoss 2.4.4 & Tomcat 4.0 and the performance was good enough.

We have tried to use it with JBoss 3.0 & Jetty and the performance is more or less 10 times slower!!! Following the advices that I read on this forum, I have configured log4j to limit trace level, but this has no visible impact on performance. It seems that the biggest difference is in the processing of the servlets...

Does someone else encounter the same problem? Any suggestion?

Sébastien

• 1. Re: JBoss 3.0 performances ?
          scobsb

I have solved my problem ... but I don't understand why it makes such a difference between 3.0 and 2.4.4!

In fact, due to a bug in our application, it tried to open a very large quantity of files that do not exist (hundreds!).It does that with "this.getClass().getResourceAsStream(fileName)".

Correcting this bug solves the bad answer time with JBoss 3.0.But I still can't figure out why this bug had not the same effect on the performance with JBoss 2.4.4! I use the same JDK running on the same hardware/os....

Sébastien

• 2. Re: JBoss 3.0 performances ?

might be an issue of unified loader repository searching thru many classloaders before finding your resource.. (or in this case realizing they don't exist at all).

-- Juha