3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2003 3:11 PM by thl-mot

Performance issue with EJB cache

noel.rocher

Hi,

Is there a way to empty the EJB Entity cache ?

I've got an application where all is correct except after
      when I make a findAll on a 2500 rows table. After that, my response times are awful.

This is true on W2K, Linux and JBoss 3.0.4-tomcat and JBoss3.2RC3.

Any help ?
      Thanks.

Noel

• 1. Re: Performance issue with EJB cache
          ligado

With 3.2RC3, you can access the EJB's cache MBean and call its flush() method. Every Entity bean has the following three entries:

Domain: jboss.j2ee

1. jndiName=nameOfEntityBean,plugin=cache,service=EJB
          2. jndiName=nameOfEntityBean,plugin=pool,service=EJB
          3. jndiName=nameOfEntityBean,service=EJB

The first represents the cache for the entity bean, the second the pool of entity beans used for creation and finders, and the third the bean itself.

The Cache MBean has a flush() method that you invoke either programmatically or from the jmx console (machine-name:8080/jmx-console)

Hope this helps..
          Steve

• 2. Re: Performance issue with EJB cache
            noel.rocher

Hi,

Continuing my investigations, I replaced my EJB-QL with a declared-sql where I place a LIMIT statment (postgresql).

When my first select (the one that triggers the performance problem) have a resultset with about 1500 rows, some finders begin to take more time to execute. From 1 or 2 seconds to 5 or 10 to retrieve only one row.

Is there a thing to know about the EJB Management in JBoss to never reach this limit ?

Noel

• 3. Re: Performance issue with EJB cache
              thl-mot

"thl-mot" wrote:
              Hi,
              I suppose its related to a similar problem I had.
              See http://www.jboss.org/modules/bb/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=