0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2009 10:52 AM by cmcsource

Performance Tuning utilizing open source tools

I am absolutely stuck on this project and need some help! I’m not sure where else to turn, and I could certainly use some ideas on this role…The position I have is in the north suburbs of Chicago, IL. The gentleman this individual will work with is a former CIO of a large, multinational CPG firm. He is exceptionally bright, dynamic, energetic, and accomplished. He has a real passion for eCommerce and has gained significant traction with multiple companies here in Chicago. His team is very adept in client facing roles; the results they’ve delivered have brought additional projects. This opening is with a large retailer in the north suburbs of Chicago, IL that is completely revamping their eCommerce strategy. It’s a two to 3 month gig centered on performance tuning. Here’s what we are looking for:

DUTIES: You will be responsible for: (1) Installation and configuration of JBOSS Application Server; (2) Utilizing tools to monitor the health and performance of the system; (3) Sharp shooting issues as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with the client; (4) Troubleshooting problems and making suggestions for improved performance tuning and system integrity; (5) Implement a performance monitoring tool as it relates to JBoss.

REQUIRED:
      • Must have 2 years of SOLID/CURRENT JBOSS middleware installation and configuration.
      • Must have 2 years of strong/current Solaris.
      • Must have strong/current experience with Apache.
      • Must have understanding of the eCommerce software stack.

The Kicker:

If someone has implemented an open source tool for performance monitoring/tuning, they are a stone cold lock! There’s additional detail available at http://cmc-source.blogspot.com EMAIL cmccann@laka.com.

Thanks again!