6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2002 12:38 PM by gerwec

Webservices in jboss

niroshanhewa

hi
      can any body tell me how to deploy and access web services in joss. I did some examples in axix which works well but i cannot start tomcat and jboss at the same time as port 8080 is occupied by both My initial plan was to use jboss to host a session bean which access a webservice in tomcat axix which failed due to the above reason.
      Or is there a way that jboss along can o all these stuff?
      I mean hosting webservices as well as ejbs.

appreciate ur replies
      rgds
      niroshan

• 1. Re: Webservices in jboss
          psanjay

Hi,
          Even I face a same problem of webservice in JBoss.What I want is to deploy JAXM service in JBoss3.0. In JAXM ,theres something called jaxm-provider which acts as a gateway to route the message from one service to another.

I deployed the jaxm .war file in default\deploy dir where as jaxm-provider is a directory which i cannt make it as a .war or .ear file. So this jaxm-provider dir have be be copied & put in JBoss server.

Where do I put this dir. I have run jaxm program in Weblogic 6.1 where I copied my jaxm-provider dir in mydomain\applications\jaxm-provider.It worked perfectly fine.

Anyone just let me know how to deploy my jaxm-provider dir in JBoss server

Regards
          P.Sanjay

• 2. Re: Webservices in jboss

Niroshan,

yes, you can do webservices with JBoss. There is a module called JBoss.NET that is built on top of Apache Axis (beta1). If you want to do it with JBoss+Tomcat then go to http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla/soap.html and either:

a) follow the notes to build your own jboss+tomcat version from the cvs files, or
            b) download a prebuilt version that I've done.

beyond that dig around the forum a bit more looking under JBoss.NET - some of the older pages, also have plenty of details about how to use JBoss.NET.

Oh yes, and also dig out the cvs build to find more examples of JBoss.NET including the cool new flash version of hello world.

cheers

Bruce

• 3. Re: Webservices in jboss
              edwardkenworthy

The easiest way is to install the non-Tomcat version of JBoss 3 (install = unzip into a directory).

Then from a command line in the bin directory that contains the run.bat / run.sh file type:

run -c all

And wait about a minute...

JBoss is now up and running with Jetty and Apache soap (aka Axis). Deploy the web services as a war file to server\all\deploy.

I've done the first part of that, am just working up to deploying my first web service.

You by any chance reading the O'Reilly Java Web Services book ?

• 4. Re: Webservices in jboss
                psanjay

Hi,
                Even I face a same problem of webservice in JBoss.What I want is to deploy JAXM service in JBoss3.0. In JAXM ,theres something called jaxm-provider which acts as a gateway to route the message from one service to another.

I deployed the jaxm .war file in default\deploy dir where as jaxm-provider is a directory which i cannt make it as a .war or .ear file. So this jaxm-provider dir have be be copied & put in JBoss server.

Where do I put this dir. I have run jaxm program in Weblogic 6.1 where I copied my jaxm-provider dir in mydomain\applications\jaxm-provider.It worked perfectly fine.

Anyone just let me know how to deploy my jaxm-provider dir in JBoss server

Regards
                P.Sanjay

• 5. Re: Webservices in jboss
                  davbolo

hi edward

where can i find documentation about how to deploy the web services as a war file ? or is better a wsr file ?

thank you.

bye

• 6. Re: Webservices in jboss
                    gerwec

Just follow http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla/soap.html
                    works just fine.

c.u.
                    gernot