Can anyone answer the following: (these questions are in reference to Jboss 3.0.6)
1. Is the jboss-net.sar the archive for SOAP in JBOSS.3.0.6?
2. Does this jboss-net.sar replace axis.war (this was used in previous version of JBOSS) or are both items required?
3. Does JBoss 3.0.6 installation contain all the necessary SOAP components, or do I need to install
4. Is axis.jar required in the lib directory.
I installed Axis according to the directions I obtained from ammai.com:
Apache Axis 1.0 Tutorial:
And this works just fine under 3.0.6, however, it seems like the SOAP piece has been integrated into JBOSS and that this was unnecessary step.
Can someone shed some light on this.
Here is what I have found out:
1. Yes, jboss-net.sar is the one for SOAP and WebServices;
2. Yes, it replaces ... I have never dealt with axis.war, but my JBoss 3.0.4 and 3.0.6 both work eithout it;
3. I had to download axis and install it on bundled tomcat, but I think this my be not necessary if you do not want to upgrade Axis;
4. Yeah, as well as tt-bytecode.jar and Xerces (prefered the 2nd version) jars also;
We could try to install it on your 3.0.6 system without installing on tomcat. DO you use Jetty or Tomcat?