2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2003 11:09 AM by alison

JBoss.NET - Falling at First Step: %CATALINA HOME%

alison Newbie

Hello,

I currently run JBoss-3.0.0 with embedded Tomcat 4.0.3.

I'd like to use JBoss.NET and am therefore looking to move to JBoss-3.2.2 with embedded Tomcat-4.1.24

('m reading the Aberdeen Uni tutorial - http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla/teaching/mtp_software/jboss/jboss-net-HelloWorld.shtml)

However when I downloaded the jboss-3.2.2RC1_tomcat-4.1.24 release I found that it did not contain a catalina directory.

There are a whole lot of tomcat jar files and a catalina jar file in \server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat.sar but I'm confused. The tutorial talks about %CATALINA_HOME% in the sense of a catalina directory containing the familar directory structure of \common, \lib etc. In fact the example tutorial instructs me to set my classpath to

set CP=%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar ;%CATALINA_HOME%\lib\jaxp.jar

I can't see either of these jars in the distro.

What's going on?

No doubt this is a dumb question but I've searched around and around and around am getting dizzy!

Help much appreciated.

(NB As a final confusion the Aberdeen Uni tutorial does state that it was written with the JBoss4.x_Tomcat4X in mind but I can find no such distro. As far as I know there have only been developer releases of JBoss4)