2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2003 8:12 AM by Jon Barnett

NoClassDefFound on repos.jar

piusjin Newbie

I'm running JBoss3.2.2RC4 with Axis installed in classic way rather than using JBoss .NET. (Creating axis.war and copying WEB-INF contents into it) My web service needs to connect to Oracle IFS to upload some documents. So I included repos.jar in axis.war\WEB-INF\lib folder. But it keep giving me this NoClassDefFound error for oracle.ifs.server.S_LibraryService. But the weird thing is that when I test other class files located in repos.jar such as oracle.ifs.server.S_LibraryServiceEventExchanger using happyaxis.jar, it can find the class file. But it cannot find only S_LibraryService class file. I even checked the contents of repos.jar, and S_ServiceLibrary file is in there. Does anyone know what might be causing this error?
      Thanks

• 1. Re: NoClassDefFound on repos.jar
          adamensor Newbie

Hi I can't help I'm afraid but am having a similar problem. 3.2.2 says that it has deployed the jar and added to the classpath. However I then get a class not found error on one of the classes.

Can anybody suggest what might be causing problem, I know Jboss had a lot of different class loaders is that issue?

Thanks
          Adam

• 2. Re: NoClassDefFound on repos.jar
            Jon Barnett Master

JBoss 3.2.2 seems to be slightly sensitive to WAR classloading. This may have to do with work performed to address other classloading issues. The only clear-cut solution I have found is to place the JAR in JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib or whatever is appropriate for your run-time instance of JBoss (all, default, minimal).

You might also consider jboss-web.xml with a <class-loading java2ClassLoadingCompliance='false'/> element to force classloading to operate up the hierarchy instead of down it. i.e. Start within the WAR scope and then move upward. YMMV.