1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 10, 2004 4:42 PM by efrinmn

Large message - Streaming?

mava

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to send a large SOAP Message (about 700kb) from the server to the client. The message's origin is an EJB that is wrapped by JBOSS.NET. In general, this is working fine.

My problem is, that it takes about 6 seconds from leaving the EJBs method to receiving the SOAP message at the client. The client runs on the same machine, so I think that it is mainly a problem of encoding the return value of the method.

Are there any configuration options I can use? I have read about a streaming option in AXIS but I don't know how to enable it from JBOSS.NET.

The application is running on an JBOSS 3.2.3 on a double processor machine with XEON 2.4 Ghz and 2GB RAM, so the computer should be fast enough. Currently there are no big processes running in the background.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Malte

• 1. Re: Large message - Streaming?
          efrinmn

See post "Performance with large SOAP messages" in this forum. You could try switching from an ejb exposed as a webservice to a simple webservice described in that post. This may or may not help with the response time.