2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2004 7:14 PM by Thomas Diesler

JBoss-net.sar changed in 3.2.6 Final

elizabeth roush Newbie

Hello,

I noticed that JBoss-net.sar is different in JBoss 3.2.6 final (axis.jar has been replaced with axis-ws4ee.jar). I was able to get my RPC-style webservice (.ear) to work correctly, however I am having difficulties with my Message-style/Java Web Service webservice (.wsr).

I think I need to change all instances of org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope to org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelopeAxisImpl, however the constructor method I used before does not appear to work with the new interface:

org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelopeAxisImpl newmsg = new org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelopeAxisImpl(new ByteArrayInputStream(respstr.getBytes("UTF-8")));

this however generates a compiler error:

[javac] D:\myfiles\JBOSS\2200JBoss\test\soapMSGstyle\src\com\unisys\os2200\j
      2ee\websvc\examples\msgService\HelloMsg.java:97: cannot resolve symbol
      [javac] symbol : constructor SOAPEnvelopeAxisImpl (java.io.ByteArrayInputStream)
      [javac] location: class org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelopeAxisImpl
      [javac] newmsg = new org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelopeAxisIm
      pl(new ByteArrayInputStream(respstr.getBytes("UTF-8")));
      [javac] ^
      [javac] 1 error

this used to work in previous JBoss 3.2.6 versions as:

org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope newmsg = new org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope(new ByteArrayInputStream(respstr.getBytes("UTF-8")));

Any suggestions? I really would like to be able to create a SOAPEnvelope from a String.....

Thanks
      Elizabeth Roush
      Unisys Corp