3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2002 2:39 PM by davidjencks

error with firebird as datasource

svevor

Hi
      I switch from postgresql to firebird,
      I get next error message on jboss console.

06:21:36,832 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not create deployment: file:/opt/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/deploy/ch5.jar
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: error in create of EjbModule: file:/opt/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/deploy/ch5.jar; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error while fixing table name; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Problem getting connection: javax.resource.ResourceException: could not get a db connection!))
      at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:384)

Thanks

• 1. Re: error with firebird as datasource
          davidjencks

Well, there's something wrong with your configuration, probably with firebird, but it's hard to tell what with the info you give.

Are the 3 mbeans for your datasource visible at port 8082? Is your datasource visible in jndiview? Are you using the FBManager mbean to create a database? Does it work? Does the startup log have any information about anything going wrong on startup?

• 2. Re: error with firebird as datasource
            svevor

Thanks for help. Now it works.
            I chandge in config firebird-servece.xml
            next line to.

<config-property-value>192.168.0.5/3050:/var/lib/firebird/data/titan.gdb</config-property-value>
            But the syntax looks like different from what I did with
            postgresql or mysql.

Why after IP goes /3050.

I get used to have IP:Port.
            Thanks.

• 3. Re: error with firebird as datasource
              davidjencks

I agree it is very odd. This is the historical pattern for firebird connection strings using for instance the C client library, and I didn't try to change it when I wrote the jca-jdbc driver. Some day....