3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2002 2:39 PM by David Jencks

error with firebird as datasource

Slava Newbie

Hi
      I switch from postgresql to firebird,
      I get next error message on jboss console.

06:21:36,832 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not create deployment: file:/opt/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/deploy/ch5.jar
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: error in create of EjbModule: file:/opt/jboss-3.0.0_tomcat-4.0.3/server/default/deploy/ch5.jar; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error while fixing table name; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Problem getting connection: javax.resource.ResourceException: could not get a db connection!))
      at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:384)

Thanks

• 1. Re: error with firebird as datasource
          David Jencks Master

Well, there's something wrong with your configuration, probably with firebird, but it's hard to tell what with the info you give.

Are the 3 mbeans for your datasource visible at port 8082? Is your datasource visible in jndiview? Are you using the FBManager mbean to create a database? Does it work? Does the startup log have any information about anything going wrong on startup?

• 2. Re: error with firebird as datasource
            Slava Newbie

Thanks for help. Now it works.
            I chandge in config firebird-servece.xml
            next line to.

<config-property-value>192.168.0.5/3050:/var/lib/firebird/data/titan.gdb</config-property-value>
            But the syntax looks like different from what I did with
            postgresql or mysql.

Why after IP goes /3050.

I get used to have IP:Port.
            Thanks.

• 3. Re: error with firebird as datasource
              David Jencks Master

I agree it is very odd. This is the historical pattern for firebird connection strings using for instance the C client library, and I didn't try to change it when I wrote the jca-jdbc driver. Some day....