1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2002 9:04 PM by davidjencks

Problems with JCA and Multiple DS's

buchalka

Hi,

I'm using JBoss 3.0.0/jdk 1.4.0_01 / mysql 3.23.51 with the mm.mysql driver version 2.0.14 (windows platform).

Simple question:

I want to setup two different DS's for my ejb's to access. They are basically different applications so I need them seperate.

This was quite easy to do under Jboss2-4.4 but I am new to 3.0.0 and cannot seem to figure out how to do it.

I can get one working fine using the mysql-service.xml file with the following commands

PoynterDS

<config-property name="ConnectionURL" type="java.lang.String">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/poynter</config-property>
      <config-property name="DriverClass" type="java.lang.String">org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</config-property>
      <!--set these only if you want only default logins, not through JAAS -->
      <config-property name="UserName" type="java.lang.String"></config-property>
      <config-property name="Password" type="java.lang.String"></config-property>

<!--Below here are advanced properties -->
      <!--hack-->
      <depends optional-attribute-name="OldRarDeployment">jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name=JBoss LocalTransaction JDBC Wrapper

This works fine and I can correctly access the DS using 'PoynterDS'.

My question is, how do I setup a second DS.

I have tried all sorts of things in the mysql-service.xml file, duplicating just the mbean, changing names, etc.

Have also created a new file with the secondary details i.e. mysql2-service.xml and deployed to the deploy directory but then both DS's are not bound and cannot be use.

I am obviously missing something obvious, but I can't see what it is.

Please help me!

Thanks

Tim

• 1. Re: Problems with JCA and Multiple DS's
          davidjencks

Each ds config involves 3 mbeans, which need globally unique object names. I recommend using the jndiName attribute as the name= part of the object name to assure this uniqueness and to make it obvious what mbean goes with what datasource.