1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 8, 2003 10:24 PM by davidjencks

Rars in EAR -- With Apologies...Revisited

Hello,
      We are trying to deploy three resource adaptors with our application inside our EAR file. I looked at the other posts regarding this topic on the website and followed the directions regarding JCA deployment by adding the jboss-app.xml file to the META-INF directory as well as adding each service file to the the EAR. However, I still get an exception when trying to deploy. The appserver says it can't find XXX-service.xml. Oddly enough, trying to redeploy causes the same problem, however, the server complains about a different XXX-service.xml file than the original. We are using jboss-3.2.0beta2.

The EAR file is created via ANT, and I confirm that the appropriate XXX-service.xml files are indeed added to the archive. The jboss-app.xml file is also present as expected. I feel like it's most likely something stupid that I am not doing right. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Regards,

Weston Price

• 1. Re: Rars in EAR -- With Apologies...Revisited
          davidjencks

I haven't had time to investigate extensively, but I think there is a problem with *-service.xml or *-ds.xml files directly in an .ear. For the *-service.xml file, try calling it jboss-service.xml and putting it in a my-adapter.sar in the META-INF directory. Then list the .sar in jboss-app.xml.

Hopefully I will have time to fix this properly soon...