2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2003 12:29 PM by ComDivision Yves Sandfort

Connector from jboss 3.0.x not working with 3.2

ComDivision Yves Sandfort Newbie

My connector which works fine on many servers running jboss 3.0.x won't run on jboss 3.2. I also tried the oracle-ds.xml from the doc, but with that connector my application runs into an NameNotFoundException.

The XML Code is as followed:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<depends optional-attribute-name="ManagedConnectionFactoryName">

ISyNetDS

<config-property name="ConnectionURL" type="java.lang.String">jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=orcl)(SERVER=DEDICATED)))</config-property>
      <config-property name="DriverClass" type="java.lang.String">oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</config-property>
      <config-property name="UserName" type="java.lang.String">XXXXXX</config-property>
      <config-property name="Password" type="java.lang.String">XXXXXX</config-property>

<depends optional-attribute-name="OldRarDeployment">jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name=JBoss LocalTransaction JDBC Wrapper

<depends optional-attribute-name="ManagedConnectionPool">

ByContainer

<depends optional-attribute-name="CachedConnectionManager">jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager
      <depends optional-attribute-name="JaasSecurityManagerService">jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager
      java:/TransactionManager
      jboss.jca:service=RARDeployer

• 1. Re: Connector from jboss 3.0.x not working with 3.2
          Jon Barnett Master

<!-- JBoss Server Configuration -->
          <!-- -->
          <!-- ===================================================================== -->

<!-- $Id: oracle-ds.xml,v 1.1.2.2 2003/04/01 04:51:12 d_jencks Exp $ -->
          <!-- ==================================================================== -->
          <!-- Datasource config for Oracle originally from Steven Coy -->
          <!-- ==================================================================== -->

<local-tx-datasource>
          <jndi-name>ISyNetDS</jndi-name>
          <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:1521:orcl</connection-url>
          <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
          <user-name>xxxxxx</user-name>
          xxxxxx
          <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
          </local-tx-datasource>

The above configuration should work based on your provided settings.

The old style *-service.xml will not work with the 3.2.x JBoss. The *-ds.xml datasource configurations are much simplified. Note that the file must be named something finishing with -ds.xml to be recognised by JBoss as a datasource configuration file.

e.g. SyNetDS-ds.xml or something unique like that.

• 2. Re: Connector from jboss 3.0.x not working with 3.2
            ComDivision Yves Sandfort Newbie

thanks thats it, my fault was the misspelled file name, i took already your configuration parameter, put named the file -service not -ds.

yves