2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2003 12:29 PM by comdivisionys

Connector from jboss 3.0.x not working with 3.2

comdivisionys

My connector which works fine on many servers running jboss 3.0.x won't run on jboss 3.2. I also tried the oracle-ds.xml from the doc, but with that connector my application runs into an NameNotFoundException.

The XML Code is as followed:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<depends optional-attribute-name="ManagedConnectionFactoryName">

ISyNetDS

<config-property name="ConnectionURL" type="java.lang.String">jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=127.0.0.1)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=orcl)(SERVER=DEDICATED)))</config-property>
      <config-property name="DriverClass" type="java.lang.String">oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</config-property>
      <config-property name="UserName" type="java.lang.String">XXXXXX</config-property>
      <config-property name="Password" type="java.lang.String">XXXXXX</config-property>

<depends optional-attribute-name="OldRarDeployment">jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name=JBoss LocalTransaction JDBC Wrapper

<depends optional-attribute-name="ManagedConnectionPool">

ByContainer

<depends optional-attribute-name="CachedConnectionManager">jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager
      <depends optional-attribute-name="JaasSecurityManagerService">jboss.security:service=JaasSecurityManager
      java:/TransactionManager
      jboss.jca:service=RARDeployer

• 1. Re: Connector from jboss 3.0.x not working with 3.2
          jonlee

<!-- JBoss Server Configuration -->
          <!-- -->
          <!-- ===================================================================== -->

<!-- $Id: oracle-ds.xml,v 1.1.2.2 2003/04/01 04:51:12 d_jencks Exp $ -->
          <!-- ==================================================================== -->
          <!-- Datasource config for Oracle originally from Steven Coy -->
          <!-- ==================================================================== -->

<local-tx-datasource>
          <jndi-name>ISyNetDS</jndi-name>
          <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:1521:orcl</connection-url>
          <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
          <user-name>xxxxxx</user-name>
          xxxxxx
          <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
          </local-tx-datasource>

The above configuration should work based on your provided settings.

The old style *-service.xml will not work with the 3.2.x JBoss. The *-ds.xml datasource configurations are much simplified. Note that the file must be named something finishing with -ds.xml to be recognised by JBoss as a datasource configuration file.

e.g. SyNetDS-ds.xml or something unique like that.

• 2. Re: Connector from jboss 3.0.x not working with 3.2
            comdivisionys

thanks thats it, my fault was the misspelled file name, i took already your configuration parameter, put named the file -service not -ds.

yves