3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2004 4:47 AM by sundar20

Configuring a database connection pool

sundar20

Hi All,

I was using Jboss 2.2.1 earlier and recently downloaded and installed Jboss 3.2.3

Please advise me where to configure the database connection pool settings.. as I don't find any information about this in the downloads.

Thanking all the good souls out there in advance...

• 1. Re: Configuring a database connection pool
          sundar20

Sorry for bothering you all without checking the dtd and example files. I managed to figure out that I need to configure them in *-ds.xml files for the respective database drivers and put entries into oracle-ds.xml and placed it in the deploy folder.

However, the XML parser reports the following error while trying to create the connection pool I guess... Please advise..

2004-04-12 09:33:02,593 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Could not initialise deloyment: file:/C:/jboss-3.2.3/server/default/deploy/oracle-ds.xml
          org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Could not parse dd; - nested throwable: (org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.)
          at org.jboss.deployment.XSLSubDeployer.findDd(XSLSubDeployer.java:268)
          at org.jboss.deployment.XSLSubDeployer.init(XSLSubDeployer.java:192)
          at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.init(MainDeployer.java:696)
          at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:632)
          at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:605)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
          at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
          at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:546)
          at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:177)
          at $Proxy6.deploy(Unknown Source)
          at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:302)
          at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:476)
          at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:201)
          at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner.startService(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:274)
          at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:192)
          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
          at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:976)
          at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
          at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:394)
          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at $Proxy4.start(Unknown Source)
          at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.start(SARDeployer.java:226)
          at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:832)
          at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:642)
          at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:605)
          at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:589)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at $Proxy5.deploy(Unknown Source)
          at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:384)
          at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:291)
          at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:150)
          at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:395)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
          Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.
          at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:235)
          at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:201)
          at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124)
          at org.jboss.deployment.XSLSubDeployer.findDd(XSLSubDeployer.java:263)
          ... 50 more

• 2. Re: Configuring a database connection pool

Your xml file is not well formed.

2004-04-12 09:33:02,593 ERROR [org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer] Could not initialise deloyment: file:/C:/jboss-3.2.3/server/default/deploy/oracle-ds.xml
            org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Could not parse dd; - nested throwable: (org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.)

Did it not occur to you to post the changed configuration you are having problems with?

Regards,
            Adrian

• 3. Re: Configuring a database connection pool
              sundar20

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your attention...

Before I could attach the configuration file, by oversight I clicked on the submit button.

However, I again checked the configuration and found that it was because of the root element being repeated more than once I got the XML parse error.

I corrected it and got it up and running.

Thanks again for your patient answer...

Sundar