4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2004 8:39 AM by mfavre

problem to configure jboss for my JCA connector

mfavre

my jboss : 3.2.4

When I call my JCA Connector from an EJB :

ConnectionFactory cxFactory = (ConnectionFactory) context.lookup(java:comp/env/HelloWorld);

a context error is generated : HelloWorld not bound

This connector is deployed in /jboss-3.2.4/server/default/deploy/ repository

How can I configure Jboss to manage my connector ? What are the Jboss XML files to configure ?

Thanks
      Marc.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: problem to configure jboss for my JCA connector
          darranl

In addition to the ra.xml within your resource adapter you will also need a *-ds.xml to actually configure the deployment.

If you get a name not bound exception always have a look at the JNDI View to see if your component is bound.

• 2. Re: problem to configure jboss for my JCA connector
            mfavre

I have create a -ds.xml file in the deploy directory with the Jboss documentation for JCA Adaptator Configuration :

<connection-factories>

NoTransFS
            JCA:service=RARDeployer
            File System Adapter
            MinervaNoTransCMFactory
            <!-- See the documentation for the specific connection manager implementation you are using for the properties you can set -->

<!-- Principal mapping configuration -->
            org.jboss.resource.security.ManyToOnePrincipalMapping

userName=jduke
            password=theduke

<no-tx-connection-factory>
            <jndi-name>NoTransFS</jndi-name>
            <xa-transaction/>
            <track-connection-by-tx/>
            NoTransFS
            <adapter-display-name>NoTransFS</adapter-display-name>
            <!-- <config-property name="DefaultUser" type="java.lang.String">so-and-so</config-property> -->
            <!-- <config-property name="DefaultPassword" type="java.lang.String">secret</config-property> -->
            <!-- <config-property name="SessionConfigFile" type="java.lang.String"></config-property> -->
            <config-property name="Verbose" type="java.lang.String"/>
            <config-property name="Debug" type="java.lang.String"/>
            </no-tx-connection-factory>
            </connection-factories>

I think this -ds.xml file is incomplete or bad done but I haven't really understood the JBoss doc about the *-ds.xml files.

thanks
            Marc.

• 3. Re: problem to configure jboss for my JCA connector
              mfavre

I'm sorry for the precedent message I have lost de code mark !!!

So,

I have create a -ds.xml file in the deploy directory with the Jboss documentation for JCA Adaptator Configuration :

<connection-factories>
               <mbean code="org.jboss.resource.ConnectionFactoryLoader" name="JCA:service=ConnectionFactoryLoader,name=NoTransFS">
               <attribute name="FactoryName">NoTransFS</attribute>
               <attribute name="RARDeployerName">JCA:service=RARDeployer</attribute>
               <attribute name="ResourceAdapterName">File System Adapter</attribute>
               <attribute name="ConnectionManagerFactoryName">MinervaNoTransCMFactory</attribute>
               <!-- See the documentation for the specific connection manager implementation you are using for the properties you can set -->
               <attribute name="ConnectionManagerProperties"/>
               <!-- Principal mapping configuration -->
               <attribute name="PrincipalMappingClass">org.jboss.resource.security.ManyToOnePrincipalMapping</attribute>
               <attribute name="PrincipalMappingProperties">
               userName=jduke
               password=theduke
               </attribute>
               </mbean>
               <no-tx-connection-factory>
               <jndi-name>NoTransFS</jndi-name>
               <xa-transaction/>
               <track-connection-by-tx/>
               <attribute name="JndiName">NoTransFS</attribute>
               <adapter-display-name>NoTransFS</adapter-display-name>
               <!-- <config-property name="DefaultUser" type="java.lang.String">so-and-so</config-property> -->
               <!-- <config-property name="DefaultPassword" type="java.lang.String">secret</config-property> -->
               <!-- <config-property name="SessionConfigFile" type="java.lang.String"></config-property> -->
               <config-property name="Verbose" type="java.lang.String"/>
               <config-property name="Debug" type="java.lang.String"/>
               </no-tx-connection-factory>
              </connection-factories>

I think this -ds.xml file is incomplete or bad done but I haven't really understood the JBoss doc about the *-ds.xml files.

thanks
              Marc.

• 4. Re: problem to configure jboss for my JCA connector
                mfavre

I want to deploy the Joss JCA Connector Exemple on my server (chap 7 of the documentation)
                - I have deployed the connector in the /deploy directory
                - I have create the chap7-ex1-ds.xml and the notxsf-service.xml files in the /deploy directory like in the doc
                but I have the same error when I execute the bean whose calls the connector :

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException : ra not bound !!!

I need some help ...
                Thanks, Marc.