1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2004 8:22 AM by darth

(Help?!?!?!?!) JCA 1.5 Inbound Resource Adapter

darth

I'm trying to create an inbound resource adapter which simply invokes a method on a MDB. The RAR is built and packaged according to JCA 1.5 and J2EE 1.4 specifications. The RAR is embedded in my application's EAR, as I want/need this visible only to my app. My RAR code structure and directory layout is practically identical to the samples found at http://www2.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=J2EE1_4 and
      http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossJCAMessageInflowExample

The only difference is that I do not have nor need a thread running in my RA, so there is no call to the work manager.

Every time I try to start the app, no matter how I package this thing, I get the JBoss error shown at the end of this posting. I've searched the internet and the JBoss site without finding any information on this topic. I've seen references on this site to a *-ds.xml file which is supposedly needed, but nowhere can I find an example that tells me what I need to put in that type of file. I have no calls from J2EE app into the RAR, hence no connection factories. Also, the examples given for an inbound MDB RAR have no such animals either (and therefore convince me I don't need them).
      However, JBoss refuses to load my RAR. There seems to be a "majic" step I'm missing that will "register" my RAR with JBoss.

What have I missed and/or done wrong?

2004-12-09 15:33:36,500 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.inflow.JBossMessageEndpointFactory] Starting failed jboss.j2ee:service=EJB,plugin=invoker,binding=message-inflow-driven-bean,jndiName=local/NATOExListenerBean
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Cannot locate resource adapter deployment mojoJCA.rar; - nested throwable: (javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='mojoJCA.rar' is not registered.)
      at org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:39)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.inflow.JBossMessageEndpointFactory.resolveResourceAdapter(JBossMessageEndpointFactory.java:341)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.inflow.JBossMessageEndpointFactory.startService(JBossMessageEndpointFactory.java:202)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:271)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:221)